Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hur svårt kan det vara?

Hur svårt kan det vara?
    Att byta kamrem på en motor är en skit sak om man vet hur det ska göras.
    Är det någon som har en manual till Marea HLX med 2 liters och 20ventils motor eller vet var man kan hitta en Pdf-fil. om detta. Jag har en manual på Holländska, men i den är beskrivningen att motorn ska tas ur karossen,( vilket språk det är jätte svårt att översätta med hjälp av lexikon, har hört att det finns små barn som kan Holländska).

Ang.. byte !

Tjenare ! Jag har bytt på min och kan säga att det är inte så lätt som du tror. Men kolla in den lilla engelska skriften så har du ett hum om vad man får göra.... ciao Mvh Togge !
    (till en 20vt coupe förstås) antar att du har lite mer plats??? eller?? Skaffa ett kamhjulshållarverktyg så har du nog inga problem...

The problem with 20v cam-belts is the lack of room to remove the covers and belt. To gain access the engine and gearbox mounts must be removed. There are 3 underneath and 1 at the top rear of the engine, before removing these you must suspend the engine well or support it on jacks. Once this is done you should be able to move the engine away from the chassis leg and the covers can be removed. The crank timing must be set and the cam's locked, then the belt removed. While it is off check the water pump and tensioners for wear.

star][mojo (7:01 PM) :
    Hello Mojo,
    The cam-belt replacement can be done in situ by disconnecting the 4 engine/gearbox mountings and supporting the engine. Then move the engine away from the chassis leg just far enough to allow the covers to be removed. Then the belt replacement is not a problem with the right tools. Hope this helps.
    PAUL

Firstly I'm not a qualified mechanic and found it fairly easy. You need firstly to obtain the cam locking tools & preferably a dial gauge to get TDC spot on, my Fiat dealer 'lent me' these tools for a small fee.Without the cam locking tools I wouldn't advise attempting it. Anyway assuming you can get these be aware of the following points

Support the engine/gearbox and release ALL mounts
    Move radiator header out of way to ease access to cambelt cover.
    using crow bar/pry bar lever engine and wedge sufficient gap to allow removal of cambelt cover
    Remove spark plugs to aid TDC line up & line up TDC with dial gauge on cylinder nearest cambelt end (No.1)
    Remove rocker cover to allow cam locking tools to be fitted later
    You must replace both cambelt & cambelt tensioner
    On Inlet cam get lobe profile on cylinder no 2 pointing upwards and remove and fit inlet cam locking tool, they are marked up in Italian
    Release cambelt tensioner and remove old belt & tensioner
    spin exhaust cam to get cam lobes on cylinder Number 3 pointing upwards, remove bearing cap & fit exhaust cam locking tool.
    Slacken bolts securing cam sprockets as they have no woodruff key to aid timing & rotate them both to an anticlockwise endpoint, this helps with belt tensioning
    loosely fit new cambelt tensioner and note that to set tension you have a 'dot' on the backplate and the tensioner has an arrow that needs to line up exactly with this 'dot' when tensioning the new belt.
    refit belt starting from the crankshaft pulley working towards the exhaust cam to ensure that correct tension will be achieved.
    That's about it hopefully enough detail to cover you off, suggest you buy a new rocker gasket as they leak once disturbed

Have fun
    ¤TOGGEX¤

Comment

Working...
    X